Saturday, September 29, 2012

Month 1 in Pictures

I realized I have not added any pictures yet, so here are some of my favorites from my first month of adventures here in Sarasota.
 
Siesta Key Public Beach.  Amazing cool, soft, white sand.

Cincinnati, courtesy of Ryan. I miss home.

I'm finally official!  No more dealing with The Landing.

One of the many reasons why I love my host.

Siesta Key at the Cabanas.

Siesta Key at the Cabanas at sunset (picture doesn't do it justice).

What keeps me going through it all.

Hanging right above my bed.  I am blessed in so many ways.

26 Documents later and still not done with lesson plans.  Welcome to teaching...

My drive to school every morning at sunrise.  Beautiful (again, picture doesn't do it justice).

Remembering all that had happened in my hometown.

I found a white crab at Siesta!!

Coolest bridge ever.  Amazing view of the ocean/bay and downtown Sarasota coming to/from Lido Beach.

Yoga on the beach! (Siesta Key Public Beach)

Clown car at the Ringling Brother's and Barnum and Bailey Circus Museum.

Outside the museum, really interesting trees.

Ringling Mansion.  Wouldn't it be rough to live there?

Back patio of the Ringling Mansion. Absolutely gorgeous view of the bay on a perfect, sunny day.  No wonder there are so many weddings and events held back there.

In the kitchen of my host's house.  Means something along the lines of:  "Move with the music of life, it is a beautiful dance."

Rubio!! Aka "fat cat" according to Julia.  He has the loudest meows and tries to bite, but he is so much fun to play with.  Definitely makes the house more interesting.  And as you can see, he likes to steal my bed!

Picture perfect.  Sunset at the cabanas (Siesta Key).  I love being able to see this after a long day at school.

Another beautiful view of the sunset (the cabanas I believe).

No comments:

Post a Comment